Ah, the romantic summer vacation –warm days, scenic wonders, interesting things to do together — a chance to reconnect away from the every day drudgery that saps the amour right out of you.
I’ve been consulting with my romance-writer friends, and we agree that these five trips are the best for reviving the romantic spirit:
- Rhine River cruise. Was it the day of castle-lined scenic cruising? The strolls through quaint, flower-filled towns? Or perhaps the gourmet dinners with real French champagne night after night? All I can say for sure is that falling in love again in this setting is as easy as nachtisch.
- Italy. Really, just anywhere — a tour, a cruise, a week in Rome — doesn’t matter. Multiple trips to the bel paese may be necessary to explore the full range of romantic options! I would suggest a tour of Venice, Florence, and Rome by car, train, or guided tour; a Rome-to-Venice cruise; or renting a villa in Tuscany and driving out for day trips to Florence, old Roman and Medieval towns, and picturesque wineries.
- Albuquerque-Santa Fe-Taos, New Mexico. The perfect week can be spent experiencing the timeless magic of Native American arts and architecture, exploring desert landscapes brightened by the life-giving waters of the Rio Grande, and discovering unique dining treasures (this trip is easy, but let me help you plan it anyway because I know all the best places to go!).
- Alaska cruise. With a dramatic backdrop of mountains and glaciers everywhere along the way, you’ll feel like stars in a movie made just for you. This trip can be as adventurous or as relaxing as you want — choose romantic strolls through quaint towns and scenic parks; active adventures perhaps kayaking, fishing, or ziplining; or scenic touring and wildlife viewing — I recommend a combination of all three experiences for the ultimate romantic escape.
- Caribbean beaches. Whether you stay in one place (may I suggest an all-inclusive resort?) or cruise around to multiple tropical islands, you’ll thrill to the romance of The Beach! Try a vacation each way to decide which you like the most; but either way you’ll enjoy romantic strolls, slathering each other with sunscreen, cuddling under an umbrella, and splashing around in warm turquoise seawater. There’s a place for adventure, too, with snorkeling and water sports, cultural excursions, and sea life encounters. Oh, and did I mention fine dining? Sunset sailaways? Evening entertainment, music, and dancing? Stargazing? Watching movies together under the stars? The romance never ends…
For guidance and booking your getaway, Janet McLaren is your Romance Guru! Call 1-866-592-7351, 972-231-0066, or email firstname.lastname@example.org